Episode 11 – How much do you need to retire? Our resident retirement expert Roger Whitney from The Retirement Answer Man will tell you the exact dollar figure that you will need to retire! Just kidding… What Roger will do – with a little help from the rest of our panel – is outline a few different ways you should be looking at the concept of retirement savings no matter what your age or background. We offer some unique personal insights that will help you in your quest to enjoy life well after your peak earning years – without compromising everything you enjoy today!
Some important questions discussed in this episode:
- Is the concept of retirement the same today as it was 30 years ago? What will it look like in 2044?
- Is your cash flow management that different from a company’s?
- What role does a good financial adviser play in helping me save for retirement?
- Should I depend on the government to help me in my retirement?
- Why should I make sure, “I never have any BIG conversations with my wife” – or net worth statement?
Links, Tools, and Programs To Help You Figure Out How Much You Need To Retire
- Want an example of a retirement plan for Gen Yers?
- Roger’s financial adviser checklist.
- Tom’s thoughts on how much you might need to retire.
- Mr Money Mustache – Safe Withdrawal Rates
- What this whole 4% drawdown thing all about?
- Have you thought about retirement lately? Many people haven’t.
Panelists In This Episode:
- Special Guest: Roger Whitney | RogerWhitney.com
- Glen Craig | Free From Broke
- Kyle Prevost | Young and Thrifty
- Miranda Marquit | Planting Money Seeds
- Peter Anderson | Bible Money Matters
- Tom Drake | MapleMoney
For a quick bio of each of our show participants, head on over to our panelists page.
Join us live every week for a new discussion about money! Follow all of our social media accounts to stay up to date on the latest shows and news!
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MoneyMstrmind
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/MoneyMastermindShow/
- Google +: https://plus.google.com/+MoneyMastermindShow/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/moneymastermindshow
Follow hashtag: #moneymastermindshow on Twitter every week during or after the show, or send your questions tagged with that hashtag
enjoyed the show. generally i agree with what was discussed, people work so hard for their money but are too lazy to take ownership in understanding how to take care of it and put it too work for them – as with most things, people look for the easy answer and to willingly handover their life savings to a salesperson. a fool and his money….
i am a fan of balancing tomorrows “retirement” with today’s life style – i contribute enough to get the full company match in my 401k, and put a little extra into my roth ira which i have better management over.
keep up the good work – i am trying to get some friends to understand a little bit will add up over time. it is a snowball effect.