Episode 12 – Where Do I Start? – We’ve all been there before – looking up a literal or metaphorical mountain and wondering how in the world we’re ever going to reach the summit. It might be cliché to say that a great journey begins with a single step, nonetheless, when it comes to your finances, it’s important to remember. Luke Landes joins us this week to explain what that first step should look like and how you can climb your own personal mountain.
Some important questions discussed in this episode:
- If I’m overwhelmed by the thought of “financial stuff” where do I start?
- Where should I find help when it comes to beginning my personal finance journey?
- Should I pay down debt or start an emergency fund first?
- Should I prioritize saving for retirement over paying off my student loan?
- Is there support somewhere to help me cope with all of this new information?
Links, Tools, and Programs To Help You Get Started
- Think Like a Freak
- David Ramsey’s Financial Peace University
- National Foundation for Credit Counseling
Panelists In This Episode:
- Special Guest: Luke Landes | Luke Landes.com
- Glen Craig | Free From Broke
- Kyle Prevost | Young and Thrifty
- Miranda Marquit | Planting Money Seeds
- Peter Anderson | Bible Money Matters
- Tom Drake | MapleMoney
For a quick bio of each of our show participants, head on over to our panelists page.
Join us live every week for a new discussion about money! Follow all of our social media accounts to stay up to date on the latest shows and news!
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MoneyMstrmind
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/MoneyMastermindShow/
- Google +: https://plus.google.com/+MoneyMastermindShow/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/moneymastermindshow
Follow hashtag: #moneymastermindshow on Twitter every week during or after the show, or send your questions tagged with that hashtag