Episode 17 – How Networking Can Help Your Career – Coming to you live from FinCon, our panel is joined by an all-star cast to cut through all the buzzword-heavy noise that surrounds the mention of “networking” – and give you the straight goods on what really works.
Some important questions discussed in this episode:
- What’s the difference between authentic networking and robotic business card exchanging?
- How do I network if I’m an introvert that is terrified of big groups?
- Where should I be looking for networking opportunities?
- Is it all about looking for people that I can ask for favors later?
- How should I make the most out of events like conferences or gatherings that I think might be a good time to meet new people?
Fincon Attendees Who Gave Us Their Best Networking Tip Thanks to all those Fincon attendees who gave us their best networking tip. In order of appearance:
- JD Roth | http://jdroth.com
- Kylie Ofiu | http://kylieofiu.com
- Matt Giovanisci | http://www.listenmoneymatters.com
- Adam Hagerman | http://adamhagerman.com
- Andrea Amir | http://smartmoneychicks.com
- Ryan Guina | http://cashmoneylife.com | http://themilitarywallet.com
- Doug Nordman | http://the-military-guide.com
- Kate Horrell | http://katehorrell.com
- Larry Ludwig | http://investorjunkie.com
- Leslie Van Zee | http://mosaicfp.com
- Rob Bennett | http://passionsaving.com
- Sandy Smith | http://yesiamcheap.com
- Todd Tresidder | http://financialmentor.com
Links, Tools, and Programs To Help You Network
- Never Eat Alone – By Keith Ferrazzi
- The Wall Street Journal tells us 80% of job openings are unadvertised.
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts – By Susan Cain
Panelists In This Episode:
- Glen Craig | Free From Broke
- Kyle Prevost | Young and Thrifty
- Miranda Marquit | Planting Money Seeds
- Peter Anderson | Bible Money Matters
- Tom Drake | Canadian Finance Blog
For a quick bio of each of our show participants, head on over to our panelists page.
Join us live every week for a new discussion about money! Follow all of our social media accounts to stay up to date on the latest shows and news!
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MoneyMstrmind
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/MoneyMastermindShow/
- Google +: https://plus.google.com/+MoneyMastermindShow/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/moneymastermindshow
Follow hashtag: #moneymastermindshow on Twitter every week during or after the show, or send your questions tagged with that hashtag