Who hasn’t looked at a social media feed full of beautiful sunny beaches or exotic architecture and thought to themselves how nice it would be to have a huge travel budget. Steve Zussino from CanadianTravelHacking.com joins us to explain you don’t have to have a first-class budget, just a little inspiration and a dash of research skills. Tune in to learn how to shave hundreds of dollars off your next trip.
Some important questions discussed in this episode:
- What is the best way to comparison shop for travel deals?
- Can I save money on anything besides accommodations and airfare when I travel?
- Everyone is always talking about credit card points, but does anyone actually get free stuff?
- What is this whole Airbnb and/or House Trading thing?
- What should I watch out for in terms of fees and penalties when I travel?
Links, Tools, and Programs To Help You Travel On A Budget
- Canada’s Top Travel Rewards Cards
- Best Airline Miles Credit Cards
- Best Travel Rewards Credit Cards
- Kayak’s guide on how and when to travel
- Glen’s favorite airline is JetBlue
- Find sites that talk about discounts and deals for your specific location, like MouseSavers.com for Disney destinations.
- Rent cheaper at autoslash.com
- If you hate buying tickets and then watching prices drop check out Yapta.com
- Keep track of your awards programs with Award Wallet
- Rent unique, local accommodations at any price point at airbnb or vrbo.com
- Google Flight Search gives you a graphical representation of when prices are highest and lowest.
- Travel Hacks To Save You Money On Your Next Vacation
Panelists In This Episode:
- Special Guest: Steve Zussino | CanadianTravelHacking.com
- Glen Craig | Free From Broke
- Kyle Prevost | Young and Thrifty
- Miranda Marquit | Planting Money Seeds
- Peter Anderson | Bible Money Matters
- Tom Drake | MapleMoney
For a quick bio of each of our show participants, head on over to our panelists page.
Join us live every week for a new discussion about money! Follow all of our social media accounts to stay up to date on the latest shows and news!
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MoneyMstrmind
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/MoneyMastermindShow/
- Google +: https://plus.google.com/+MoneyMastermindShow/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/moneymastermindshow
Follow hashtag: #moneymastermindshow on Twitter every week during or after the show, or send your questions tagged with that hashtag.