Episode 26 – How To Be a Globetrotter On a Budget – International travel sounds fun in theory, but most people believe it is too expensive and that there is too much potential for headaches. Paula Pant from Afford Anything is not most people. She joins our panel to discuss how to up your international travel IQ and how nearly everyone can afford to travel if they are willing to deviate slightly from traditional travel norms.
Some important questions discussed in this episode:
- How did Paula manage to travel around the world for two years on ONLY $25,000?!
- What are the best ways to reduce airfare costs?
- Are there alternatives to a hotel that will save me money?
- How can I use currency conversion rates to my advantage when globetrotting?
- Will I have any passport-related issues when hopping around countries like Laos and Cambodia?
- What tourist trap-type of scams might I run into on my travels? What negotiating tips does Paula have?
- Can I actually save money by not planning in advance?
Important Links Referenced in This Episode
- Couch Surfers
- Charles Schwab Debit Card
- Chip and PIN Credit Cards
- Frequent Flyers Talk
- Nomadic Matt
Panelists In This Episode:
- Special Guest: Paula Pant | Afford Anything
- Glen Craig | Free From Broke
- Kyle Prevost | Young and Thrifty
- Miranda Marquit | Planting Money Seeds
- Peter Anderson | Bible Money Matters
- Tom Drake | MapleMoney
For a quick bio of each of our show participants, head on over to our panelists page.
Join us live every week for a new discussion about money! Follow all of our social media accounts to stay up to date on the latest shows and news!
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MoneyMstrmind
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/MoneyMastermindShow/
- Google +: https://plus.google.com/+MoneyMastermindShow/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/moneymastermindshow