So 2015 arrives and everyone around you is making these epic-quest goals and everywhere you look has lists of uber-ambitious resolutions. What’s a sane person to do? Do you buy into the mania and say you’re going to run a marathon while getting that MBA this year, or do you scoff at the people at the gym in January that aren’t really sure what they’re doing? Eric Rosenberg from Narrow Bridge Finance joins us this week to talk about his approach to goal setting – and even more crucial – goal achieving. Listen in for our thoughts on how to increase the likelihood that you’ll realize your goals and what financial aims we have for the upcoming 365-day stretch.
Some important questions discussed in this episode:
- Don’t most New Year’s resolutions fail? Are they even worth it?
- How can I increase the odds I’ll get to the light at the end of the tunnel this time?
- Are there any tools or resources that can help me in 2015?
- What sort of financial goals should I be making anyway?
- Is it better to dream big or start small?e
Links To Help You On Your Millionaire Quest
- Glen’s SMART goal primer
- See how Young and Thrifty did with their 2014 resolutions
- Peter tells you why setting goals is important
- Miranda says the key could be to simply set one goal this year
- Ready for Zero
- The Art of Non-Conformity by Chris Guillebeau
- Remember the Milk App
- Peter and the San Diego Reader believe most New Year’s Resolutions go unfulfilled
Panelists In This Episode:
- Special Guest: Eric Rosenberg | Narrow Bridge Finance
- Glen Craig | Free From Broke
- Kyle Prevost | Young and Thrifty
- Miranda Marquit | Planting Money Seeds
- Peter Anderson | Bible Money Matters
- Tom Drake | Canadian Finance Blog
For a quick bio of each of our show participants, head on over to our panelists page.
Join us live every week for a new discussion about money! Follow all of our social media accounts to stay up to date on the latest shows and news!
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MoneyMstrmind
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/MoneyMastermindShow/
- Google +: https://plus.google.com/+MoneyMastermindShow/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/moneymastermindshow
Follow hashtag: #moneymastermindshow on Twitter every week during or after the show, or send your questions tagged with that hashtag.