Lauren Bowling from L Bee and the Moneytree joins us this week to explain why having multiple streams of income is quickly becoming not just a pleasant luxury, but for many young people at least, a real necessity in the quest for financial security. Tune in as Lauren and the panel discuss not only why pumping up your bank account from several different sources is important, but to breakdown some strategies they’ve used in order to generate several different streams of income.
Some important questions discussed in this episode:
- Do real people actually have “multiple streams of income” or is this just another thing for people with a net worth in the top 1%?
- If I have a second job am I already doing everything I can when it comes to diversifying my income sources?
- Tom’s tell us why his favorite quote is, “7-2 in the morning is plenty of time to do damage,” by Gary Vaynerchuks.
- Are dividends and real estate doable as streams of income for “normal people”?
- What are the downsides to pursuing all these income streams?
Links To Help You On Your Millionaire Quest
- Kyle’s a fan of Paula Pant at Afford Anything and Sean Cooper at SeanCooperWriter.com, he also mentioned his love of Teachers Pay Teachers
- Tom mentioned Ebates, Swagbucks, Etsy and TeeSpring
- Check out that Freakonomics Podcast Kyle is always ranting about
- Read about Tom’s favorite quote and his dedication to late-night bootstrapping here
- If you’re into the freelancing stuff we discussed on the episode, ELance and Odesk might be good places to start
Panelists In This Episode:
- Special Guest: Lauren Bowling | L Bee and the Moneytree
- Glen Craig | Free From Broke
- Kyle Prevost | Young and Thrifty
- Miranda Marquit | Planting Money Seeds
- Peter Anderson | Bible Money Matters
- Tom Drake | Canadian Finance Blog
For a quick bio of each of our show participants, head on over to our panelists page.
Join us live every week for a new discussion about money! Follow all of our social media accounts to stay up to date on the latest shows and news!
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MoneyMstrmind
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/MoneyMastermindShow/
- Google +: https://plus.google.com/+MoneyMastermindShow/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/moneymastermindshow
Follow hashtag: #moneymastermindshow on Twitter every week during or after the show, or send your questions tagged with that hashtag.