Earning money is fun, watching your account balance grow can be very satisfying, but when it comes to that warm feeling inside, giving your cash away might be the most rewarding thing we can do where money is concerned. Friend of the show Luke Landis is back and he brought his playoff beard with him! We talk about what responsible giving might look like, how to make sure your given dollar goes as far as it can (whether it’s a Loonie or a Greenback), and we’ll even get slightly philosophical as we discuss what reasons people have for giving.
Some important questions discussed in this episode:
- Should I be giving to charity if I’m in debt?
- Are my taxes enough when it comes to giving to others?
- Where and how is it best to give? Which groups/organizations are for real?
- Do people give for good reasons? Can you tell who was a “good person” by looking at donation plaques on bridges, hospitals, and/or museum wings?
Links We Mentioned
- Miranda believes in keeping charity in perspective
- Tom has some info for Canadians on tax breaks for political contributions and charity donations
- Luke recommends using Charity Navigator and/or GuideStar to check out your prospective charity
- Canadians can check out Charity Intelligence Canada and the CRA’s Charities Listings
Panelists In This Episode:
- Special Guest: Luke Landes | LukeLandes.com
- Glen Craig | Free From Broke
- Kyle Prevost | Young and Thrifty
- Miranda Marquit | Planting Money Seeds
- Peter Anderson | Bible Money Matters
- Tom Drake | MapleMoney
For a quick bio of each of our show participants, head on over to our panelists page.
Join us live every week for a new discussion about money! Follow all of our social media accounts to stay up to date on the latest shows and news!
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MoneyMstrmind
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/MoneyMastermindShow/
- Google +: https://plus.google.com/+MoneyMastermindShow/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/moneymastermindshow
Follow hashtag: #moneymastermindshow on Twitter every week during or after the show, or send your questions tagged with that hashtag.