Valerie Rind joins us to talk about a major life event that no one wants to believe will happen to them, but has become all-too-common over the past couple of decades. Divorces are obviously a destructive emotional experience, but in addition, there are financial-based problems that are bound to complicate the situation even further. As a divorcee, Valerie helps others learn from her experience. Her blog is cleverly titled Gold Diggers and Deadbeat Dads but you can find it under the URL ValerieRind.com.
Some important questions discussed in this episode:
- What does the following quote, “Divorce is not a solution, but an exchange of problems” by Harvard sociologist Armand Nicholi III actually mean?
- If you’re going through a divorce what is the first thing you should consider with regard to finances?
- What sort of legal considerations are there when a couple has to split their finances?
- Should I be preparing in some way for this sort of event even if my relationship is stable and I’m happily married?
Links We Mentioned
- Peter reports that 20% of first-time marriages end in divorce after five years, and only the slimmest of majorities now make it past the 20 year mark! (National Survey of Family Growth)
- Recovering Financially From Divorce When Reconciliation Can’t Be Found
- Don’t forget to check your local/state department of workforce services if you need help finding employment after a divorce.
Panelists In This Episode
- Special Guest: Valerie Rind | ValerieRind.com (aka “Gold Diggers & Deadbeat Dads)
- Glen Craig | Free From Broke
- Kyle Prevost | Young and Thrifty
- Miranda Marquit | Planting Money Seeds
- Peter Anderson | Bible Money Matters
- Tom Drake | MapleMoney
For a quick bio of each of our show participants, head on over to our panelists page.
Join us live every week for a new discussion about money! Follow all of our social media accounts to stay up to date on the latest shows and news!
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MoneyMstrmind
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/MoneyMastermindShow/
- Google +: https://plus.google.com/+MoneyMastermindShow/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/moneymastermindshow
Follow hashtag: #moneymastermindshow on Twitter every week during or after the show, or send your questions tagged with that hashtag.