Your portfolio doesn’t need to be perfect, it just needs to be average to be better than most. A reasonable person might wonder how that could be true, but then again, a reasonable person wouldn’t conceive of the myriad of ways the financial industry had come up with to siphon off your savings and investments. Barbara Friedberg from BarbaraFriedbergPersonalFinance.com joins us to explain how low maintenance investing strategies, combine with a basic understanding of concepts such as asset allocation and cutting down on investing fees can have you coming out ahead. Tune in to hear our thoughts on what your portfolio should look like depending on your investment goals and interest in time commitment going forward.
Some important questions discussed in this episode:
- Do you need a separate portfolio for each of your savings and investment goals?
- Is your company pension plan a good idea?
- Is asset allocation really that important? I thought investing was about picking good stocks?
- What do our investment portfolios have in them?
- What is a robo advisor? Are they a good middle ground between doing it myself and paying crazy amounts of fees?
Links We Mentioned
- Vanguard has some great passive investing building blocks for your portfolio.
- Check out Kyle’s and Barbara’s respective books on creating your own passive investing portfolios.
- Personal Capital
- Questrade’s Portfolio IQ
- John Bogle’s rules of investing
- Building a simple investing portfolio
Panelists In This Episode:
- Special Guest: Barbara Friedberg | BarbaraFriedbergPersonalFinance.com
- Glen Craig | Free From Broke
- Kyle Prevost | Young and Thrifty
- Miranda Marquit | Planting Money Seeds
- Peter Anderson | Bible Money Matters
- Tom Drake | MapleMoney
For a quick bio of each of our show participants, head on over to our panelists page.
Join us live every week for a new discussion about money! Follow all of our social media accounts to stay up to date on the latest shows and news!
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MoneyMstrmind
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/MoneyMastermindShow/
- Google +: https://plus.google.com/+MoneyMastermindShow/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/moneymastermindshow
Follow hashtag: #moneymastermindshow on Twitter every week during or after the show, or send your questions tagged with that hashtag.