Don’t listen to financial gurus… unless you consider us gurus… then only listen to us! Confused yet? We brought in in Joe Saul-Sehy from Stacking Benjamins to help us sort it all out. He wrote a whitepaper examining the value (or lack thereof) of what these “gurus” are putting out there on TV and other forms of media. Tune in to hear us explain why popular financial advice is often flawed and how you can identify where the best sources of information are for you.
Some important questions discussed in this episode:
- Is the goal of financial gurus on TV to inform or to entertain? How does this affect you?
- What’s the difference between us and the gurus?
- How does anyone identify who is a “good guru” is and who is selling snake oil? Perhaps video games can help!
- Should you ever listen to one person exclusively when it comes to your money?
- Who do we like to listen to on money-related advice?
Links We Mentioned
- Dave Ramsey
- Jim Cramer
- Suze Orman
- Joe’s favorite online game – the Kerbal Space Program
- Jean Chatzky
- Ric Edelman
- David Bach
- Robert Kiyosaki
Panelists In This Episode
- Special Guest: Joe Saul-Sehy | Stacking Benjamins
- Glen Craig | Free From Broke
- Kyle Prevost | Young and Thrifty
- Miranda Marquit | Planting Money Seeds
- Peter Anderson | Bible Money Matters
- Tom Drake | MapleMoney
For a quick bio of each of our show participants, head on over to our panelists page.
Join us live every week for a new discussion about money! Follow all of our social media accounts to stay up to date on the latest shows and news!
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MoneyMstrmind
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/MoneyMastermindShow/
- Google +: https://plus.google.com/+MoneyMastermindShow/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/moneymastermindshow
Follow hashtag: #moneymastermindshow on Twitter every week during or after the show, or send your questions tagged with that hashtag.