Join us this week as we toss around the idea of whether it is more rewarding to spend money on experiences or “things”. We brought in an “experiences expert” – the always-entertaining Martin from the Studenomics personal finance blog – and hilarity ensued. Tune in for some insights on how to find the personal balance between pursuing experiences and stuff in your life.
Key Takeaways From This Episode
Some important points made in this episode:
- What does science have to say about spending your money and correlation to happiness?
- Tips on how to re-orient your mindset away from the commercialism that is so prevalent in North America.
- If it’s a really cool experience or item it’s ok to go into debt right?
- Martin explains how a garage sale can reveal the seedy underbelly of materialism.
- Take our $100 experience vs stuff challenge and see the results for yourself.
- Proof That Life Experiences Make You Happier
- Study: For Greater Happiness, Spend Money on These
- To Buy Happiness, Spend Money On Other People
- Spending Your Way To Happiness
Items/Services Mentioned In This Show
Join us live every week for a new discussion about money! Follow all of our social media accounts to stay up to date on the latest shows and news!
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MoneyMstrmind
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/MoneyMastermindShow/
- Google +: https://plus.google.com/+MoneyMastermindShow/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/moneymastermindshow
Follow hashtag: #moneymastermindshow on Twitter every week during or after the show, or send your questions tagged with that hashtag!Panelists In This Episode:
- Special Guest: Martin Dasko | Studenomics
- Glen Craig | Free From Broke
- Kyle Prevost | Young and Thrifty
- Miranda Marquit | Planting Money Seeds
- Peter Anderson | Bible Money Matters
- Tom Drake | MapleMoney
For a quick bio of each of our show participants, head on over to our panelists page.