The three-legged retirement stool is broken. You can’t rely on Social Security and the pension system isn’t fool-proof. All that’s left is your own savings.
We’re joined by Andrew Meadows from BrokenEggsFilm.com, a documentary about the looming retirement crisis in America. We talk about how we got to this point and what you can do to shore up your own retirement. We also wade into the murky waters of public policy and try to figure out what can be done to fix the retirement system.
Some important questions discussed in this episode:
- Why are we facing a retirement crisis in the United States?
- Will you be able to rely on Social Security for your future?
- What are some of the changes that are likely to affect you in terms of saving for retirement?
- Are there policy solutions that might make sense to fix retirement?
- What strategies can you use to protect your own retirement?
Get real about your retirement. The “traditional” retirement is long gone. Instead, you need to focus on the realities of your situation and figure out how you can prepare for the best possible result for you. No one will do it for you.
Panelists In This Episode:
- Special guest: Andrew Meadows from Broken Eggs Film
- Glen Craig | Free From Broke
- Kyle Prevost | Young and Thrifty
- Miranda Marquit | Planting Money Seeds
- Peter Anderson | Bible Money Matters
- Tom Drake | MapleMoney
For a quick bio of each of our show participants, head on over to our panelists page.
Join us live every week for a new discussion about money! Follow all of our social media accounts to stay up to date on the latest shows and news!
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MoneyMstrmind
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/MoneyMastermindShow/
- Google +: https://plus.google.com/+MoneyMastermindShow/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/moneymastermindshow
Follow hashtag: #moneymastermindshow on Twitter every week during or after the show, or send your questions tagged with that hashtag.