Episode 24 – How To Create The Lifestyle You Want – His personal finance expertise and online success might only be surpassed by his knowledge of all things Comic Con… the one and only JD Roth lets us in on how he has created the lifestyle he desired from very inauspicious personal finance beginnings. Join us as JD details how he went from “peak materialism” to one of the most widely-read personal finance bloggers in the business.
Some important questions discussed in this episode:
- Where does your identity come from and what do you truly value in life?
- What is “peak materialism” and how will you know if you hit it?
- How do we help others understand why this whole personal finance things is important?
- Why is Peter dropping the following Mark Twain-sourced wisdom on us? “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
- What is de-cluttering and why does it make you feel so good?
Important Links Referenced in This Episode
- JD’s “legacy site”: Get Rich Slowly
- Paula Pant writes at Afford Anything
- A Million Miles in a Thousand Years – Donald Miller
- Ron Lieber can be found at the New York Times
- JD’s soul mate: Mr. Money Mustache
- Preet Banerjee is who Kyle blatantly steals 43% of his material from
- How People Change – Allen Wheelis
- The Road Less Traveled – Scott Peck
- Ramit Sethi is sort of a big deal in personal finance circles
Panelists In This Episode:
- Special Guest: JD Roth | http://jdroth.com
- Glen Craig | Free From Broke
- Kyle Prevost | Young and Thrifty
- Miranda Marquit | Planting Money Seeds
- Peter Anderson | Bible Money Matters
- Tom Drake | MapleMoney
For a quick bio of each of our show participants, head on over to our panelists page.
Join us live every week for a new discussion about money! Follow all of our social media accounts to stay up to date on the latest shows and news!
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MoneyMstrmind
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/MoneyMastermindShow/
- Google +: https://plus.google.com/+MoneyMastermindShow/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/moneymastermindshow