Episode 25 – Living As an Expat: What You Need to Know – Many people hope to travel the world as they progress in their career or think of retiring on a special beach in another country. Before that happens though it’s important to understand some of the logistics behind the financial decisions you’ll have to make. Andrew Hallam is here to shed some light on what it’s like for an expatriate that is living, saving and investing abroad. His newly released book is titled, “The Global Expatriate’s Guide to Investing: From Millionaire Teacher to Millionaire Expat”, and he joins our panel to give a few tips if you want to realize your travel-dependent dreams.
Some important questions discussed in this episode:
- What are some of the employment opportunities abroad in places such as Singapore?
- Why is Kyle so upset about expatriate investing rules specific to the USA?
- What is a “capital gains-free zone” and how to I get some of that action?
- Do I have to renounce and/or relinquish my citizenship if I become an expat?
- What will my credit card situation look like if I decide to live abroad?
Important Links Referenced in This Episode
- Andrew’s first book: The Millionaire Teacher
- Andrew’s recently released work: The Global Expatriate’s Guide to Investing
Panelists In This Episode:
- Special Guest: Andrew Hallam | http://andrewhallam.com
- Glen Craig | Free From Broke
- Kyle Prevost | Young and Thrifty
- Miranda Marquit | Planting Money Seeds
- Peter Anderson | Bible Money Matters
- Tom Drake | MapleMoney
For a quick bio of each of our show participants, head on over to our panelists page.
Join us live every week for a new discussion about money! Follow all of our social media accounts to stay up to date on the latest shows and news!
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MoneyMstrmind
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/MoneyMastermindShow/
- Google +: https://plus.google.com/+MoneyMastermindShow/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/moneymastermindshow