Want to have some fun in the sun, without getting burned by expensive costs? The Money Mastermind crew has you covered (*insert sunscreen pun here*). Tune in to listen to Tom, Peter, Glen, Miranda and Kyle talk about how to save on sunny vacations, summer-specific budget considerations, and generally enjoy many people’s favorite time of the year without breaking the bank. Frugal summer fun here we come!
Key Takeaways From This Episode
Some important points made in this episode:
- According to American Express, the average American family of four will spend $4,580 on vacation travel this summer. (source)
- 28 million families with children under 18 plan to spend hundreds of dollars on their kids this summer — adding up to more than $16.6 billion. (source)
- The average American family expects to dole out an average of $601 per child this summer, according to data released by American Express, based on a random sample of 2,008 adults. Affluent families, with annual household incomes of more than $100,000, are dishing out double that amount — at an average of $1,116 per kid. (source)
- Can your business help pay for your vacation? (source)
- Do cottages and/or RVs offer a good bang for your buck? Maybe renting is the way to go?
- Peter’s all-encompassing post on summer savings.
- Tom’s summer family guide.
- Take your kids bowling for free.
- Let Bank of America pay for your museum visit.
- Some tips from a staycation expert.
- Looking for fun & cheap roadside attractions?
- Create the engineers of tomorrow with free lego workshops.
Items/Services Mentioned In This Show
Join us live every week for a new discussion about money! Follow all of our social media accounts to stay up to date on the latest shows and news!
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MoneyMstrmind
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/MoneyMastermindShow/
- Google +: https://plus.google.com/+MoneyMastermindShow/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/moneymastermindshow
Follow hashtag: #moneymastermindshow on Twitter every week during or after the show, or send your questions tagged with that hashtag!
Panelists In This Episode:
- Glen Craig | Free From Broke
- Kyle Prevost | Young and Thrifty
- Miranda Marquit | Planting Money Seeds
- Peter Anderson | Bible Money Matters
- Tom Drake | MapleMoney
For a quick bio of each of our show participants, head on over to our panelists page.